Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Embrace Your Nickname


Christie Post - Post, Texas
Nicknames. We all get them at some point. We’ve heard the good...and sometimes the not so good. 

When I was younger my brother out shined me. In school I was always known as Remington’s little sister. I mean who can forget that name!

At the time I never thought anyone would know my name. 

Then high school came around. Some people just called me Post, maybe because it’s shorter? One syllable, who knows? Others called me C-Post or Chris. Never really Christie – at least those close to me.

It wasn’t until college people FINALLY started using my name….I mean my FIRST name.

As I learned that wasn’t my identity...

When I started my career as a journalist Post just worked. Some people still think it's a "stage" name. Nope...it's my real name. 

I've been called the postmaster, poster child, the host with the most. Oh yeah I can’t forget about a viewer in Lubbock who called me crispy toast (still not sure about that one)

What really stuck is "Keeping You Posted".

My friends, family and fans would all tell me, thanks for keeping me posted...then laughed.

That's when I realized that's what I do for my job. 

If I have any advice  sometimes nicknames aren’t really what you expect. So embrace it   good or bad. You may never really know where it can take you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment